Local Catch Summit
The 2013 Local Catch Summit was a huge success! Thank you to all our participants and sponsors.
2013 Local Catch Summit Bringing Seafood into the Local Food Movement
2013 Local Catch Summit Presentations are now available to view or download.
"North Carolina's Growing Local Foods Deman and Sea to Table Markets"
Debbie Hamrick - Click here to download Debbie's presentation.
Christy Shi - Click here to download Christy's presentation.
Lin Peterson - Click here to download Lin's presentation.
"Chef-Watermen Business Innovations"
Steve Vilnit - Click here to download Steve's presentation.
February 21 and 22 - Wanchese, North Carolina
Thursday, February 21
- Dinner Presentation "Local Food Movement is Brewing in Coastal North Carolina" by Uli & Sophie Bennewitz of the Weeping Radish Farm Brewery and Farmer to Fork Butchery Market at Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe $25 per person. Complimentary for members of the NC Catch, Brunswick Catch, Carteret Catch, Ocracoke Fresh or Outer Banks Catch) If you are not affliated with a Catch organization, click here to purchase your ticket to the dinner presentation.
Events on Friday are free and open to the public. Registration required.
- Continental Breakfast at UNC Coastal Studies Institute
- Tour of Wanchese Village Fish Houses
- "A Value-Added Business Analysis for North Carolina's Commercial Fishing Industry" by Jason Gray, N.C. Rural Economic Devolpment Center
- "North Carolina's Growing Local Foods Demand and Sea to Table Markets" featuring Debbie Hamrick of NC Farm Bureau Federation, John Day and Christy Shi of Environmental Farming Systems and Lin Peterson and Ryan Speckman of Locals Seafood
- "Provider Pals" Lunch Presentation by Dewey Hemilright
- "Chef-Watermen Business Innovations" featuring Libby Eaton of Bistro by the Sea's Trace and Trust Program, Bud Gruninger and Vicki Basnight of Basnight's Lone Cedar Cafe, and Steve Vilnit of Maryland Department of Natural Resources'
Accommodations for representatives of NC Catch, Outer Banks Catch, Carteret Catch, Ocracoke Fresh and Brunswick Catch will be provided by Outer Banks Catch Sponsors, Resort Realty.
Questions? Call Outer Banks Catch at (252) 475-9333 or send an email to info@OuterBanksCatch.com