Hatteras Style Crab Cakes
- 1 lb of Fresh jumbo lump crab meat
- 2 teaspoons onion
- 2 Teaspoons celery
- 2 Teaspoons sweet bell pepper
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Whole Grain Mustard
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Juice of I Lemon
- In two tablespoons of Olive Oil, sauté two teaspoons each of onion, celery and sweet bell pepper, sprinkled with salt and fresh cracked pepper until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Gently mix all ingredients except olive oil and lemon juice together, being careful not to break up large crab meat lumps. Once mixed it should have the consistency of a lightly dressed crab salad, slightly moist.
- Add 2-3 Tablespoons of Panko bread crumbs. Form mixture into golf ball sized balls and flatten out, slightly.
- Heat one Tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side. Add olive oil to pan as needed but be careful not to add too much. Lightly sprinkle finished crab cakes with lemon juice